
I don't know what is wrong with me these days but I just think that my kids are so adorable! Maybe it is because the girls are back in school after a two week vacation. Or maybe it is because I know that I am done having more babies so I am just trying to enjoy every second of Sam's baby stages.
Sam's language development has been increasing these days. He doesn't have a lot of words but like Elysha at this age, he is learning phrases more than single words. For instance he says, "It's a drum!" Instead of just saying "drum."
Today, in the car, he called out "mama?" and when I responded to him, "Yes?" He just said, "Ummm..." then silence. Two seconds later, "Mama?" Again, I replied, "Yes?" And again, "Ummm..." Elysha does this to me all the time, but eventually, she would figure out what she really wanted to say. For Sam, however, "Ummm" is what he really wanted to say.
One phrase that he has been saying for a while is, "Mama...where are youuuuuuuuuu?" He repeats this over and over as he wonders around the house looking for me. What a sad statement about how little I actually play with him during the day that he has to go around the house calling for me.
He completely mimics the way Chang brushes his teeth. He stands on the step stool at the sink, grabs his toothbrush, brushes his teeth, turns on the sink, rinses his toothbrush, taps it on the side of the sink, put it away, grabs a cup, turns on the sink, fills the cup up with water, takes a sip and spits it out. For a while, he would drink the water, but he has finally learned to spit it out.
He also has been singing the Barney song all the time these days. "I love you, You love me." Although it sounds more like, "I oh ooo, oooo oh eeee!" At least he has the melody right...
The girls are going to be on TV (unless, they get edited out)! But we got a chance to meet Lisa Henson (Jim Henson's daughter) and the other producers and creators of a new PBS Kids show coming out this fall called the Dinosaur Train. It was kind of stressful but cool.
2 comments:
How fun for the kids to be on TV! Sounds like a fun show.
so cute. i wanna see them on tv!
Post a Comment