Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Zombieland and Other Dead Things

Chang and I are looking and acting scary these days. For the last week or two (feels like forever), the kids have been waking up in the middle of the night. Not sure what is up but all I know is that we are miserably tired.

We also had a mysterious smell coming from Sam's room. We thought it was a runaway diaper so we were looking everywhere. I washed everything inside the room. Chang steam cleaned the carpets and the bathroom floor in the kids' bathroom. We were sure it was one too many potty accidents or a mystery diaper. But the smell persisted. Finally I began to wonder if something died under our house. We just put up screens on all crawl space access points under our house. Sure enough, a possum breathed its last vermin breath under our house and nature was taking its course. So gross!

So sorry for the long absence but I have been functioning on very little brain cells as lack of sleep and the toxic fumes have been killing the already limited quantity on hand.

3 comments:

Eva said...

ew...gross..yuck =( well hopefully now with your screens it won't happen again! hmm...all 3 kids are waking up?! sigh...so the sleeping thing never ends even when they are as old as joey huh? =( hope you get some rest soon!

Mommy Lim said...

what?! they wake up still at that age?! OH please Lord...NOOOOO!!!! And EW EW EW!!! I hope it got in before the screens so Chang doesn't have to carry out a dead possum again. Did you see it?

Susan said...

Ugh, I just wrote stuff updating and it got lost in cyberspace.
Long story short, Chang didn't have to do anything. We paid someone to figure out what was stinking up our house.
Two, we gave the girls the Brookstone flashlights and they have been okay since...though it was mostly Joey who was getting us up...